Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Sack-Up: Big Ball of Fuckness AND GOLDENTHONGROIDS

Thank God for the Rocks. If it wasn't for them I'd have hung myself six times this weekend. Because everything else was SHIT. SHIT SHIT SHIT.

CSU: I was so excited for college football all summer long, reading every article and stoked to see the Rams get after it. I planned it so that I have most Saturdays off, in a concerted effort to watch the Rams (and of course, other CFB games), I am traveling to Colorado for the TCU game and will help organize a tailgate for the SDSU game. So pumped on CSU football.

Until this fucking shit. I'm not sure I will even tune in to any future CSU games, even if I am drunk in the parking lot 100 yards away. I think Cherry Creek would kick our ass right now.

I know we are young. I know we lack size and talent on the lines and experience at key skill positions. Still, I would expect some fight, some creativity, some passion. Something.

Instead, we got nothing.

I'm hoping that things will change. That we are limiting our playbook in an attempt to ease the transition for these youngsters. That as the season progresses our playbook will increase, our confidence will surge and this collection of people on the field will begin to look like a team. And maybe, just maybe, that team can play with a passion and fight that will make me proud to be a CSU Ram, but it is hard to see right now.

While we didn't look as anemic in 2008, remember we started that year with a 20 point loss to CU, barely beat a middle-of-the-pack Big Sky team in Sac St., before stealing games against Houston and UNLV. And that was with a senior laden team that was clearly more talented. That team progressed, and I feel that this team has nowhere to go but up. I have got to beleive that the Belly of the Whale is a 45-point blow out to Nevada.

I am fully expecting to see a different CSU team vs. Miami (shitty version) on Saturday, even if the game isn't televised. We might even score a touchdown.

Or, at the very least I hope the University leaders are betting our endowment against the Rams, as there probably isn't a safer investment in the world.

(Also, glad I'm not working for CSU Media Relations right now, this would be a tough sell).


Broncos: I predicted the Broncos would lose 52-5, just following suit of our other Colorado football teams. So I should take a 7-point loss in stride.

We always lose in Florida, and really the Broncos were just one or two inches from tying this game on Bradon Lloyd's catch in the 4th.

Much like the end of last season, however, the Broncos couldn't run and couldn't get big stops on defense. That worries me.

No pictures this week, because I didn't even get to watch the game.

P.S. How could Tim Tebow lose his first NFL game? Does not compute.


Rockies: This is just amazing. In the last week every day has been a thrill-ride, watching the Rockies roll and watching the Padres choke. And I'm not giving them the Heimlich, I'm just watching their fans (all 15 of them) die in front of me. Great fun.

How many more ways can this team win? This season we have had a 9-run comeback, 8-run comeback, 5-0 comeback capped by a steal of home and it appears that Giambino got his gold thong back (or his August roids cycle is finally paying off). Even when Tulo and Cargo go cold, someone else plays the hero roll. I'm not sure I would bat an eye if Jeff Francis hits a walk-off tomorrow, shit is just that surreal.



So much fun to watch. And really, all I have right now.

Thanks for keeping me alive, Rockies.

Bonus: Since this was kinda lacking in my usual snark and/or humor, here are 5 new songs that everyone should enjoy. Also, how they loosely relate to sports or something.

-Wiz Khalifa: Black and Yellow. A nod to the colors that represent Pittsburgh. Pretty damn cool. Pittsburgh still blows, but I love the fact that the color scheme permeates all sports.

-Pimp C: Since The 90s. "While you still trying to get it, since the 90s I been rich, pussy (ginger)." Like Pimp C, CSU football was badass in the 90s and is now dead. RIP. We need to act like the Rockies and become Zombies that come back from the dead and refuse to lose.

-Lil' Wayne and Drake: Right Above It. "You know you at the top when heaven's right above it." Pretty much where the Rockies are right now.

-Cee-Lo- Fuck You. I dedicate this to BYU and Utah, for leaving the MWC for more money.

-Shawty Lo: Atlanta, GA (ft. the Dream, Luda & Gucci Mane)- I just really like this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment