Monday, October 12, 2009

An up and down weekend (with LOL-pictures)...and Ryan Howard has a giant pig nose

My personal happiness probably revolves too much around the success, or lack thereof, of the sports teams that I follow. Case in point, this weekend:

After spending about a month unemployed, in the course of the past few days I have been hired at not one, but two jobs. I started one of them and realized that it was maybe the easiest job ever, and my second job will be as a bouncer at a popular Gaslamp club, which should help me meet a ton of new people in San Diego, something I desperately need to do. I also connected with some fellow Bonedalians who have relocated to SD, watched the Broncos game with a great group of people and ate lobster for the first time in my life.

Yet with all those awesome experiences this weekend, as the clock strikes midnight I am sitting alone at my computer pissed off that the Rockies lack of control on the mound, and the umpires lack of vision, cost them a game. Add in the fact I earlier watched highlights lowlights of the most recent CSU choke job, and I am much more upset than I have any right to be.

Fuck it, here are my most pressing/random thoughts about each of this weekend's games:


CSU vs. Utah: 
-I didn't get to watch this live, as I was "working" facilities in Lemon Grove, which consisted of me reading a book while my crazy VatoLoco coworker slept on a nearby couch. I did get Twitter updates all game long (+1 to Twitter, -1 to me for not having an I-Phone or laptop), and from those I put all blame on Grant Stucker. Actually I have no real idea, but he obviously flamed out down the stretch for CSU. The consensus seems to be that Grant is less to blame than the coaching staff for abandoning the run, but it still seems weird that we have yet to see Mr. Jon Eastman make an appearance. I think that changes vs. TCU unless CSU can somehow keep it close.

-While I love drinking myself warm (and good-looking), I was not too upset to be stuck in lovely SD with the ability to go for a nice run outside. Props though to the 30,000+ that braved the weather to support CSU. Good to see Hughes Stadium looking more and more packed

-If someone had told me that CSU would be 3-3 after six games in the preseason, I would have jumped on that shit like Tulo on a neck high fastball. We will likely be 3-4 after TCU, disapointing after a 3-0 start, but every remaining game is certainly winnable. A reappearance in a bowl was the goal for the season, so it is not time to jump off the bandwagon.

-We need Momo to play with a chip on his shoulder like Nick Opp does. Kid is nails.

-I blame this loss solely on Trevor Edy (or Tjedy, as he goes by on Twitter) for calling me asking "Can you believe this?" after the Rams took a 17-3 lead. Before I could even answer the phone CSU had given up a score and thrown a pick. DAMN YOU, EDDDYYYYY!!!! (Falls to knees, raises fist to the heavens and shakes it)

Broncos vs. Pats: (I.E. Welcome to the picture portion of the blog-ram)

-So this Neckbeard character is pretty good, huh:


-Brandon Marshall is pretty fucking Boss:



-I kept thinking I was cheering for the pissy and poopy Cowpokes.


To summerize:


(So I stole this idea and the second pic from Kissing Suzy Kolber, holler)

Rocks vs. Phillies:
-Yorvitt and Clint will be the death of me. Quickly, 5 things that could have done more damage to the Rockies today than their bagles at the plate:
1) AIDS.
2) Matt Holliday playing every defensive position.
3) Two drunk monkeys dressed in purple.
4) Sarah Palin
5) The Umps

-Yes, let's give a big shout-out to the umpires who all watched Chase Utley foul a ball off his shin, then get thrown out at first and still decided to award him first base. No it doesn't excuse Jason Giambi and Tulowitzki from popping up in with the tying run on second, but I would still be watching baseball otherwise.

-The Rockies inability to throw strikes was a big deal as well, but guess who decides what the strike zone is? It is those highly reliable and on-the-ball guys I just bitched about above.

-Did you know that Coors Field has a big outfield and that it was cold. I didn't, so thanks TBS douchebags for reminding me every six seconds.

-We end with a picture, that sums up why I still love this Rockies team, and Rockies fans at Purple Row:


(I stole this from PurpleRow)


-URGENT LAST MINUTE EDIT: It has come to my attention, via sources from Eagle-Vail, that Ryan Howard has a gigantic pig nose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment