Monday, June 21, 2010

World Cup Day 11 Preview: Que es la vida?

Portugal vs. People's Republic of Korea: The scrappy ass communist are in the midst of winning me over, especially due to the fact that they will probably be execute (/borat) if they fail to win a match at this World Cup. Still, Christy Ronaldo and the Portuguese are going to be far too strong. I just can't see the commi bastards keeping this one close.


Chile vs. Switzerland: This is a huge game. Winner will pretty much guarantee advancement to the knock-out stage. I really expect this to be low-scoring, with the Swiss bunkering in to get at least a point. They don't have the Chilean firepower. And the Swiss are big on ties. You know, the whole neutrality thing. I call a 0-0 tie.


SPAIN vs. Honduras: Oh man, Fernando and the Red Fury are probably fucking furious. If they don't win this game the Spanish might as well go home. I expect Torres in the starting lineup and I will bet my left nut he gets a goal, even with his short hair (what happened to those luscious locks, Nando?). Plus, Fabregas better get in there, so he can fuck some shit up. I'm calling the biggest result of the tourney so far. Spain 5, Hondo 0. I say I'm an expert, so listen up.

Paraguay 2, Slovakia 0: The two guays advance. Good for them.


Italy 1, New Zealand 1: Oh snap! The fucking Italians are on the ropes. Happy day. And if it weren't for a typical Italian dive and generous ref, the Kiwis might have stolen this one. Loco.


Brazil 3, Ivory Coast 1: Brazil got a couple of sloppy goals (one off a double-handball by Fabiano) to take a three-goal lead. Drogs got a late goal to make it interesting, but afterward Ivory Coast decided the best tactic was to piss of the Brazilians and fall over like little bitches. A stupid strategy, as Kaka's redcard will keep him out of the match vs. Portugal, the team that will likely now advance instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment